Game Design MFA
ADVANCE THE ART, SCIENCE AND CULTURE OF PLAY
Laguna College of Art + Design’s Game Design MFA seeks to advance the art, science and culture of play by creating a context for advanced study and innovative work.
LCAD’s Game Design MFA is a 2-year terminal Masters of Fine Arts (MFA) degree that allows you to explore the design and development of games as a creative practice. The program offers a unique, multidisciplinary approach that bridges the gap between theory and practice in game design.
The Game Design MFA curriculum is centered on the processes of both the creation and the development of games. The program acknowledges that games are responsible for providing much more than mere entertainment; they also are meaningful products of a thriving global economy that illuminate truths about our world, our societies, and ourselves.
LCAD’s Game Design MFA is structured in such a way that will empower you with both the knowledge base and the skill sets to ensure that your own meaningful game design enterprises are economically impactful and sustainable.
Our Game Design program will develop your creative skills and enhance your potential as a game designer, developer, and entrepreneur.
Select program candidates will create a graduate level game development environment, replicating that which reflects the current industry model, nurturing advanced skills in design, research and development, leadership and marketing in the creative art of game design.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.
Graduates Will Learn How To:
- Describe the theoretical aspects of picture making, incorporating effective pictorial strategies.
- Use appropriate technical and conceptual strategies to support their artistic intents.
- Describe how representational art fits into the greater art historical context.
- Communicate ideas clearly, in writing.
- Critically evaluate their own work and the work of other artists and will discern between fashionable trends and authentic explorations.
- Promote and market their work and their abilities to professional venues; i.e., galleries, exhibitions, educational institutions, etc.
DEPARTMENT CHAIR GAME DESIGN
Tim Pryor is a production specialist in the game industry that consults with other studios to organize and manage development from mobile development to commercial location-based entertainment. Tim is also an entrepreneur with interests inside the game industry and out. His most notable work has been with companies such as: Warner Bros Interactive, Universal, Universal Theme Parks, Tencent, Google, Scopely, Sega, and Nintendo. Tim is passionate about building experiences rather than products.