How to use the library catalog
The library catalog allows you to locate our books, DVDs, periodicals, and more. This is also where you can access your library account to renew or reserve items.
Searching the catalog is easy! Just type what you are looking for in the Search box and hit enter. When you find what you are looking for, click on the title then the “Holding” tab to see if it is in and where it is located.
How to understand a call number
How to get started with Lynda.com
1) You can get to the login page from the library’s webpage — follow the link that says “Library Database, Course Reserves + Online Tools Menu” from http://www.lcad.edu/
You can also get to the LCAD library network via EZProxy: https://login.ezproxy.lcad.edu/login.
2) Go to the lynda.com registration page under “Software Training” on the left column. You will then need to register with lynda.com using your LCAD email address with the following password requirements: at least 6 characters with a letter and number, and no sequential letters or numbers like 123, abc, etc.
3) If you look along the top left and top right, and you see the words Hi, lynda.com member and log out, this means you should have access while off-campus, without having created an account. If so, you should have access to all of our courses in the lynda.com library. Try going to a course and seeing if you have full access to all of the videos.
How to renew materials online
1) Make sure you have registered your PIN with the library. If you’re not sure, check with the library staff.
2) From the LCAD library webpage, you can click on “Search the Library Catalog” or go directly to http://atriuum.lcad.edu/opac/laguncoaad/index.html.
3) Click “Log On” from the Account box in the upper right hand corner.
4) Enter your username and PIN.
5) Click on the “Items Out” tab.
6) Select the item(s) you would like to renew and click the “Renew” button.
7) If the items were eligible to be renewed, you will see the new “Due On” date below the title. If there is a reason why the item can not be renewed, an error message will be displayed on the screen. Reasons why you may not be able to renew include: item is overdue, reserved for another patron, not renewable, or it has already been renewed twice.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (949)376-6000 ext. 225.
How to cite a source
LIBERAL ARTS DEPARTMENT RESOURCES (PDFs)
*Provided courtesy of Grant Hier*
How to get started with Pronunciator
How to check out books, DVDs, skulls, etc.
If you are registered with the library, you can use your student ID to check out library items. If you have not registered with the library, please come in and fill out a form to become a library patron.
How to learn more about copyright
U.S. Copyright Office
Copyright Clearance Center – Get the Facts
Copyright and Fair Use (Stanford University Libraries)
California Lawyers for the Arts