Illustration in Entertainment Design
ENTERTAINMENT DESIGNERS STIR IMAGINATIONS
As an Entertainment Designer, you will create realities and experiences that excite minds and stir imaginations.You will do this by combining art and technology to create themed events, live shows, museum exhibitions, themed restaurants and parks, TV and film productions, and much more. LCAD’s BFA program in Illustration in Entertainment Design provides you the education that entertainment designers need to bring these extraordinary experiences to life. Our state-of-the-art curriculum gives you real life, hands-on instruction with concept design, model and prop making, and 3-D digital tools.
ENTERTAINMENT DESIGN FACULTY
LCAD’s Illustration in Entertainment Design Faculty are accomplished industry professionals who bring their real life experiences to the classroom and provide you unparalleled mentorship.
Faculty film credits include the following and more:
Companies who employ LCAD Illustration Faculty include:
- Blizzard Entertainment
- The Jim Henson Company
- Marvel Entertainment
- Red Mile Entertainment
- Sony Entertainment’
- 20th Century Fox
- Warner Bros
ENTERTAINMENT DESIGN ALUMNI
LCAD’s Illustration in Entertainment Design Alumni have gone on to apply their skills to a wide range of areas and companies that include:
"LCAD's BFA Illustration in Entertainment Design program is one of the best I've witnessed. The program provides an incredible foundation in a variety of art and technology mediums. Students get the hands-on experiences they need to really understand the current trends in the Entertainment Design industry. I'm confident that students of LCAD's BFA Illustration in Entertainment Design program will push those trends to their creative limits." – Josh Steadman, LCAD Entertainment Design Advisory Member, Entertainment Designer/Educator, Production Designer, Enchanted Storybook Castle, Shanghai Disneyland.
- Demonstrate proficiency in drawing, sketching, rendering, and painting effectively using various mediums.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of color theory and pictorial composition.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of digital imaging processes—both vector and raster.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the human anatomy and accurately depict the human form.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of current professional business and self-marketing practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in describing the history of illustration including the identification of key contributions by past and contemporary illustrators.
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION ILLUSTRATION