Graphic Design + Digital Media w/ Illustration Emphasis
WIDE RANGE OF DESIGN FIELDS
Our BFA Graphic Design + Digital Media with Illustration Emphasis program will help you to create a successful portfolio of work that will position you to work in a wide range of design fields.
As a student of LCAD’s Illustration emphasis, you will further develop your fine arts and illustration skills while being fully immersed in our GD+DM program. Unlike an Illustration major, you will be highly technically advanced with solid skills across the range of industry required design skills. You will learn to take your talents into motion graphic work, 3D, package design, user experience and interfaces, advertising, social media, photography and video, and emerging virtual reality applications. In project based learning classes you will apply your artistic talents and illustration skills to create design solutions while developing a strong cross discipline and successful portfolio of work that will position you to work in a wide range of design fields.
Upon completion of LCAD’s BFA program in Graphic Design + Digital Media with Illustration Emphasis, you will be able to:
- Utilize basic design illustration principles and elements to address a visual narrative or expressive problem
- Use research skills in development of design project solutions
- Apply digital imaging processes in design projects
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of composition and color
- Apply typography skills in design projects
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of graphic design principles and their application
- Develop creative concepts and effective visual solutions