GRAPHIC DESIGN + DIGITAL MEDIA W/ ACTION SPORTS EMPHASIS
ACTION SPORTS DESIGN
LCAD’s action sports design emphasis is one of very few action sports programs in the world.
As a student of LCAD’s Action Sports Emphasis, you will take collaborative classes led by senior executives and creative directors at brand giants like GoPro, Hurley, NIKE, Patagonia, STANCE, and VANS, all companies with whom LCAD enjoys exclusive educational partnerships.
OUR GRADUATES ARE CREATIVE LEADERS
Our graduates dominate the action sports and youth culture industries and hold major positions as art directors and creative leaders with the world’s most prominent companies.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of action sport business, brands and culture.
- Use research skills in the development of action sport design project solutions.
- Develop creative concepts and effective visual solutions for a broad range of action sport product, marketing, media and event graphic needs.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of graphic apparel development principles and their application.
- Apply graphic footwear development principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration techniques as evidenced through the completion of real-world projects with corporate partners.
DEPARTMENT CHAIR AND PROFESSOR
Dana Herkelrath is the Chair of the undergraduate Graphic Design + Digital Media Department and a Professor of Visual Communication Design. Dana brings more than 25 years of experience as a designer in Brand Identity, Packaging, Environmental Graphic Design, Merchandising, Marketing and Design Consulting. Her Background includes working with clients in entertainment, medicine, urban community development, education, publishing, hospitality and international aid organizations.