Extended Reality Design
LCAD’s multidisciplinary BFA program in Extended Reality Design (XRD) includes the immersive technologies of both virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
As a student of LCAD’s XRD program, you will develop the skills necessary to apply AR/VR technologies in a myriad of different entertainment and enterprise solutions across multiple industries.
Leading edge software and hardware, theoretical and critical studies, and purposeful play will be used in project-based learning to advance your XRD skill sets. The XRD program is aligned with industry and will allow you the possibility to work on real life projects with creative corporate partners such as BMW Designworks, Disney Interactive, Oculus, Sony Music, Sony Pictures, and others.
Upon completion, graduates will be able to:
- Use information literacy and research skills in the development of extended reality design projects.
- Develop original concepts and design thinking to create effective extended reality solutions.
- Verbally articulate rationale for extended reality design choices.
- Apply principles of composition and color, as tools for visual communication.
- Apply motion, sound and three dimensional imaging for extended reality solutions.
- Apply digital media skills for the creation and manipulation of video graphic or photographic and computer-generated images.
- Craft extended reality projects that include 3D interfaces and interaction design inclusive of visual, and auditory displays.
- Demonstrate professional development as evidenced through the development of real-world projects with corporate partners, internships, or personal brands.