Drawing + Painting w/ Sculpture Emphasis
LCAD is unique in being one of only a handful of accredited colleges to offer courses in figurative sculpture that focus on classical techniques with an emphasis on multi-figurative compositions.
The Sculpture Emphasis will teach you the skills to produce ¼ -life size to monumental sized sculptures that convey contemporary narrative themes, mold making, and casting. Our sculpture curriculum is based in classical techniques and will prepare you to enter the competitive field of sculpture by gaining commissions, exhibiting as a gallery artist, obtaining public grants, or branching out into the entertainment and special effects industries.
- Use compositional structures to achieve unity and balance.
- Demonstrate applied perspective to achieve the illusion of depth.
- Represent still life in landscapes, interiors and the human form using various traditional mediums while developing their artistic processes and techniques.
- Create a multi-figurative composition in an environment using various references.
- Apply current professional business and self-marketing practices.
- Develop a cohesive body of work to be exhibited in student exhibitions that will serve as professional launching points.