LCAD at a glance
Laguna College of Art + Design
Founded in 1961
Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD) is committed to preparing students for careers as creative artists and designers.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Regional
National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) National
Undergraduate Degrees (BFA)
Animation: 177 students
Drawing + Painting: 77 students
Game Art: 168 students
Graphic Design + Digital Media: 110 students
Illustration and Illustration in Entertainment Design (combined): 103 students
Graduate Degrees (MFA)
Art of Game Design: 15 students
Drawing and Painting (combined): 20 students
Full-time faculty: 21
Part-time & Adjunct: 110
Students from 25 Countries
Facilities and Land
(all in Laguna Beach, CA 92651)
- Main Campus at 2222 Laguna Canyon Road: 29,500 sq. ft.
- LCAD Administration at 2265 Laguna Canyon Road: 7571 sq. ft.
- Senior Studios at 2295 Laguna Canyon Road: 5320 sq. ft.
- Big Bend Campus at 2825 Laguna Canyon Road: 20,840 sq. ft.
- Graduate Studies at 2633 Laguna Canyon Road: 3,720 sq. ft.
- South Campus Studios at 805-807 Laguna Canyon Road: 3081 sq. ft.
- Student Housing at 775 Laguna Canyon Road: 11,799 sq. ft.
- LCAD Gallery at 374 Ocean Avenue: 900 sq. ft.
Total Square Feet: 82,731 sq. ft.
Total Acreage owned by LCAD: 7.27 acres
Drawing/Painting MFA: $31,680
Art of Game Design MFA: $34,500
Graduate Employment Rate
More than 90% of students who respond to our employment surveys are employed and/or are pursuing graduate degrees.
- Florence Academy of Art, Florence, Italy
- Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art, Van Nuys, California
- NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences Academy for Digital Entertainment Breda, the Netherlands
- Studio Arts College International (SACI), Florence, Italy
- Vermont College of Fine Art, Montpellier, Vermont
Awards and Accolades
- 2018 – Princeton Review ranks LCAD’s MFA Game Design program 12th in nation
- 2018 – Princeton Review ranks LCAD’s BFA Game Art program 20th in nation
- 2017 – Emmy Award for KCET's informational series, Ballot Brief: Illustration alumnus, Henry Cram (2009)
- 2017 – International Serious Play Gold Award Winner for Variant: Limits: Art of Game Design alumnus, André Thomas (2017)
- 2017 – 17th Annual Game Developers Conference (GDC) Game of the Year: Overwatch team member, Game Art alumna, Anh Dang (2016)
- 2017 – Art Renewal Center (ARC): 16 awards and 5 scholarships between BFA and MFA Fine Arts students
- 2017 – 6 students of LCAD’s BFA program in Graphic Design + Digital Media featured in Communication Arts Typography Magazine
- 2017 – Jury’s Choice and Audience Choice awards at Oceanside International Film Festival “Un Garçon et sa Bête”: Students of LCAD's 2015 Summer Animation Master Class