9 a.m. to noon
Spring 2013 - February 9 - April 20
Summer 2013 - June 15 - August 17
To attend, please contact:
949.376.6000, ext. 248
What is a portfolio? A portfolio of artwork needs to be a collection of your best and most recent work. It is a crucial part of your application to a professional art college. Many different portfolios are necessary during your career as an artist. The preparation of each portfolio varies according to its purpose.
LCAD's Portfolio Development Program focuses on creating artwork that would be acceptable for admission to a college or university. Our Saturday program presents an opportunity for you to perfect your observational drawing skills.
Using objects from real life, the emphasis is on creating a convincing representation of form and space that is defined by line, value, texture, and proportion. This includes figure drawing, working from both the draped and undraped model.
Ages: 15 and up, all levels.
* 18" x 24" Strathmore series paper, or equivalent weight drawing paper
* 1/4" Masonite or standard masonite drawing board with two clips
* One each of the following graphite drawing pencils: H, HB, 2B, and 4B
* One each of the following vine charcoal sticks or pencils: medium, soft, and hard
* One magic rub and one kneaded eraser
* One X-acto knife
* Portable container for holding your materials
Note: If you are under 18, a consent form must be signed by your parent/legal guardian with regards to the undraped model.
If you would like to attend download sign-up form at the bottom of the page.